We have listed some ideas on things to do & good food to eat when you are in our hoods. As we are located in the middle of beautiful Skåne, we think we are pretty much close to everything around here, but we have limited ourselfs to places you can reach within a 30 min drive.
- Hike in Hovdala hiking area (9 mins). Start at the hiking centre at Hovdala castle and explore the long and short trails, or hike from here – Skåneleden, the main trail in south Sweden, passes through our village. It is a beautiful 6 kms hike from us to the castle one-way.
- There are plenty of hiking trails in this area. Try Alslingan, som går genom Europas motsvarighet till regnskog. Vandringen längs är på 6 km går delvis på en 1.6 km lång spång (21 mins, where you pass trough “super-Swedish” landscape!).
- Visit Hovdala castle & garden (9 mins)
- Fly through the beautiful forest at Multilevel Zipline (5 mins)
- Experience Wanås art and sculpture park & enjoy lunch or fika (25 mins)
- Meet Swedish wild animals – bears, woolfs, lynx as well as farm animals at Skånes djurpark (25 mins)
- Go for a swim! For example in Bosarpasjön (20 mins). More lakes to try, and current water status, listed here (Swedish only).
- Go horseriding! Brönne Islandshästar have tours on islandic horses (9 mins) as do Aspås turridning (21 mins).
- Have a barbecue, or as we say in Sweden, grilla! There are several barbecue areas that are free to use in the area. Our favourite is located close to the architect designed wind shelters Ronja och Birk just above the Finja lake. Parkera by the Trädhusets café (12 mins) or at Hovdala slott and follow the hiking trail “Hovdalaleden”, the northwest-bound section, from there (around 2 kms one way). Another good spot for a barbecue is Göingeåsens lägerplats. Surrounded by beech forrest and with a lovely view of the Finja lake (11 min).
- Take a guided tour in Tykarpsgrottan, a 20 000 m² underground labyrinth with limestone halls and tunnels.
- Try some of Sweden’s best mountain bike trails (no guided tours available). Trail map.
- Fika or have lunch at Café Madrix in Hässleholm, just by the central square (18 mins)
- Fika or have lunch at Birkéns café och kuriosa in Hässleholm’s quaint city park (15 mins)
- Enjoy lovely libanese dishes for lunch or dinner at Café Naomi in Hässleholm (15 mins)
- Have an urge for pizza? Great take-away at Sjörrödskiosken (10 mins)
- Dive into the wonderfully crazy world of Lantcaféet i Tjörnarp and try their locally produced dishes (11 mins)
- Fika at cosy Café Old Fashion in central Höör (20 mins)
- Sourdough buns, freshly made sandwiches & cakes at Konditori & in central Höör (21 mins)
- Organic veggies and eggs at Skea trädgård (9 mins)
- Honey, sourdough bread, homemade granola and other delicacies at Ottarps gård (24 mins)
- Buy milk directly from the farmer – fill a bottle in their self service station! – and other delicacies from local dairy Furumossen (11 mins)
- Enjoy locally produced goats cheese from Glada Geten gårdsmejeri (15 mins).
- Sjunkaröd sell game and organic meat from local farms (22 min).